Thursday, September 2, 2010

Birthday Zone!

Its official, I am in the birthday zone! Sunday I will be celebrating 25 years of life. In the past 10 years when I think back on what I have done, where I have been, who I have met/fallen in love with...I am amazed. I have been fortunate enough to meet a colorful rainbow of characters in my friends from deer creek and OSU. They have gone with me to the ends of the universe to help me discover my true self; this is a blessing that has returned to the world ten fold. There is a saying that I really like, "You cannot begin to bring happiness to the world until you have found it within yourself." My relationships that developed in those years were the catalyst for significant changes in my ways of living, thinking, and being. Most importantly it was this central truth that was unearthed in our adventures together..."There is no me there is only I". To exist beyond the ego, to live for others.

I have been working at the hospital for 3 years now and have been moving on up. Last Friday I got great news and found out that I am getting the top position in our Rec. Therapy dept. Its more responsibility and taking on some management stuff too. People tell me I have a gift for working with the old folks, I tell them  it is just patience and compassion. Everyone has the ability to tap their potential, awareness is the key.

Sarah and I are going to dinner with her parents at a German food place tonight. Bratwerst, sauerkraut, potatoes, and beer!!! Then Sunday night my mom is taking us to Boulevard Steak House. I have already decided what I want to eat...starting off with oysters on the half shell, king crab legs, and a filet. Does that sound ridiculous or what? Well, I only turn 25 once, better make the best of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment