The Glitch Mob - Drink The Sea Part 2 The Mixtape by Hypetrak
I have been loving this Glitch Mob remix album. Check it out while you read! My fave is near the middle. Well, last night Sarah and I drove out past Pop's in Arcadia to see the stars. It was really cool and it gave me a much needed sense of perspective. The best was when we could see the sky slowly moving, we could feel the rotation of the Earth and that is always cool. The weather was perfect. Cool, clear skies and no moon! We were wondering where it was...I guessed somewhere over China at the moment. There were so many planets visible, like bright burning embers in the sky. You would have to be blind to miss them. It made me think about past civilizations that had no such thing as light pollution. The night sky was always perfectly visible, it influenced their lives deeply. And now I feel as if general population is very disconnected with the night sky. We are planning to go out to Sarah's farm in Guthrie on Friday night to get another good view. I wish I had a good camera to take pictures of the stars, we tried with Sarah's camera and it just came out black, no stars visible. Thats all for now...don't forget big game coming up tomorrow!!! OSU vs Texas A&M on ESPN 6:30 central, 5:30 for you Colorado people. Better get pumped up! I am!!!
i changed the exposure on those pics. they still aren't great, but you can see the brightest stars. i'll put them up on my blog later today.
ReplyDelete