8-11-10 So Peppy has been really really good lately. We have been taking him outside on the porch and letting him hang out in the sunshine. Two years ago we tried to get him to learn how to use a harness and leash (lesson learned...don't ask, I know I know...a CAT on a LEASH?... WTF?!!) Well, one day we were outside Sarah's old apartment and the upstairs neighbor was coming down and slammed his door. Pep got real scared and ran, being on the leash freaked him out worse since he wasn't able to run where he wanted, so I picked him up (remember he is scared and trying to get to a safe spot) next thing I know I can see his teeth...mouth wide open headed right for my face...ARRGHH!!!! He BIT me?!! right over my eye I had a crescent moon shape bite mark. So was that a lesson learned? Yes. Yes it was...CATS DONT BELONG ON LEASHES. got it, thanks. SO...since I have always been paranoid about letting him outside to roll around or smell the plants. In the past two months Sarah has done a good job training me, rather than Peppy, that if a noise or someone comes we open the door a little and Pep slips right on inside real quick. He has done great and will hang out for as long as 30 minutes sometimes on the doormat other times he is walking around the garden. We just came inside from enjoying the cool summer morning, Sarah is sleeping in. I always like to hook him up with catnip or a "greenie" (cat treat) when we come in.

sounds like a much better plan! greenies are always better after laying in the sun.
ReplyDeletesuch a good boy. he deserves some tuna
ReplyDelete